- Job title: Cocktail Server (Floor & Bar)
- Place of work: Bar & Designated Area
- Scope and general purpose of job: To serve beverages to guests and provide friendly service in order to maximize guest satisfaction consistent with established standards.
- Responsible to: Beverage Manager & Beverage Supervisor
- Punctuality: to report for duty 15 minutes before the commencement of the shift.
- Attendance: to maintain the correct level of attendance. Continuous absenteeism will not be tolerated as it affects colleagues and the whole operation.
- Appearance: to maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene at all times in accordance with the procedures and the requirements of the company.
- Cooperation: to cooperate with staff, colleagues, and superiors at all times.
- Communication: to communicate constantly with F&B Supervisor, other departmental staff, other supervisors, managers, and superiors with regard to matters arising on the floor.
- Security: to maintain close surveillance over the F&B area in order to detect any irregularities on the equipment, patrons, or staff, and any potentially dangerous situations, and report such matters to security and management.
- To assist in floor duties when required.
- To have a complete understanding of the property’s employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within.
- To post promptly all complimentary charges after having ensured that the approver’s signature is legible and appropriate.
- To handle payments by credit cards in accordance with the prescribed procedures.
- To be aware of those guests who are on a ‘Complimentary’ basis.
- To obtain and account for the correct settlement of all sales.
- To act as a bartender/cashier when necessary.
- To serve beverage orders accordingly to the established service sequences and procedures in the operation manual.
- To provide high standard of quality and speedy service in the designated area.
- To ensure all guest occupied table area maintained to the appropriate standards of cleanliness.
- To prepare prep area and perform side duties.
- To bus and maintain all appropriate areas to the correct standards (collection of dirty glasses).
- To collect all general requisitions and beverage requisitions.
- To ensure that the beverage presentations are adhered to according to the standard set by the property.
- To fold napkins or perform any other side duties.
- To assist in opening and closing procedures established for the outlet including restocking of food, beverage, miscellaneous stock, etc.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all beverage items in the menu.
- To fully understand and adhere to the operation manual.
- To answer all telephone calls and inquiries when necessary.
- To take effectively control the flow of guests in the bar ensuring maximum turnover.
- To perform pre-checking functions.
- To ensure that the service station, bar counter, designated area, and surrounding areas are kept clean and organized at all times.
- Continuously walk the floor to serve complimentary drinks to the patrons and collect empty glasses.
- To monitor operating supplies and reduce spoilage and wastage.
- To assist in carrying out inventory of operating equipment as per schedule and assist with monthly par stock checks.
- To be present in the bar/floor at all times during operational periods.
- To up sell whenever possible by helping and advising the guest in his/her choice according to the established standards.
- Undertake limited technical duties and/or repairs under supervision.
- Ensure optimum operation and minimal down time by reporting any malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of equipment operation.
- Responsible and accountable for all keys issued to him whilst on duty
- Must not carry out major technical repairs.
- To ensure high standards of workmanship and enforce the procedures, rules, and policies of the department and the company.
- To help training new servers in all procedures as required or directed by superiors.
- To have a complete knowledge of property amenities available to customers.
- To be polite at all times and pay attention to customers’ needs.
- Create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- To diplomatically deal with issues when requested.
- Answer promptly any calls for assistance from customers and assist them in any way possible.
- Deal with customer disputes and complaints in a diplomatic and professional manner and refer any unsettled disputes to the Beverage Supervisor and Beverage Manager.
To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The content of this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.