- Scope and general purpose of job: The Supervisor will serve food and beverage to guests and provide friendly service in order to maximize guest satisfaction consistent with established standards.
- To post promptly all complimentary charges after having ensured that the approver’s signature is legible and appropriate.
- To handle payments by credit cards in accordance with the prescribed procedures.
- To be aware of those guests who are on a ‘Complimentary’ basis.
- To obtain and account for the correct settlement of all sales.
- To act as a cashier when necessary.
- To serve food and beverage orders accordingly to the established service sequences and procedures in the operation manual.
- To provide high standard of quality and speedy service at the restaurant.
- To ensure all guest occupied table area maintained to the appropriate standards of cleanliness.
- To set tables for different meal periods and reset them.
- To bus and maintain all appropriate areas to the correct standards (collection of dirty glasses).
- To collect all general requisitions and food and beverage requisitions.
- To ensure that the food and beverage recipe and presentations are adhered to according to the standard set by the property.
- To fold napkins or perform any other side duties.
- To assist in opening and closing procedures established for the outlet including restocking of food, beverage, miscellaneous stock, etc.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu.
- To fully understand and adhere to the restaurant operation manual.
- To answer all telephone calls and inquiries when necessary.
- To take table reservations and effectively control the flow of guests in the restaurant ensuring maximum turnover.
- To ensure that the reception desk and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- To perform pre-checking functions.
- To ensure that the service station, reception desk, designated area and surrounding areas are kept clean and organized at all times.
- Continuously walk the floor and do “table touches” to ensure guest satisfaction.
- To monitor operating supplies and reduce spoilage and wastage.
- To assist in carrying out inventory of operating equipment as per schedule and assist with monthly par stock checks.
- To be present in the at all times during operational periods.
- Assist in maintaining a legible and up-to-date reservation book.
- To up sell whenever possible by helping, advising the guest in his choice according to the established standards.
- Undertakelimited technical duties and/or repairs under supervision.
- Ensureoptimum operation and minimal down time by reporting any malfunctions
- Musthave a thorough knowledge of F&B equipment operation.
- Responsibleand accountable for all keys issued to him whilst on duty
- Mustnot carry out major technical repairs.
- Toensure high standards of workmanship and enforce the procedures, rules andpolicies of the department and the company.
- Tohelp training new servers in all procedures as required or directed bysuperiors.
- Tohave a complete knowledge of property amenities available to customers.
- Atall times to be polite and pay attention to customers’ needs.
- Createa friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Todiplomatically deal with issues when requested.
- Answerpromptly any calls for assistance from customers and assist them in any waypossible.
- Dealwith guest disputes and complaints in a diplomatic and professional manner andrefer any unsettled disputes to the Restaurant Assistant Manager and RestaurantManager.
The content of this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.