- JOB SUMMARY: The Security Officer is responsible for protecting company assets and providing a safe environment for team members and guests. All duties are performed in accordance with all company policies and with the highest level of integrity.
- Scope: The Security Officer possesses the ability to problem solve and effectively address safety and security issues, demonstrating good judgement and seeking management’s assistance as needed.
- Responsible to: Director of Security
- Gives directions and provides escort to guests in need.
- Provides assistance to civil and law enforcement authorities.
- Assists with jackpot verifications as needed.
- Regularly provides escorts of money and persons in money handling positions.
- Provides emergency first aid to guests and team members as necessary.
- Patrols all sections of the property to identify safety hazards and breaks in security standards.
- Interviews, investigates and documents all applicable incidences in accordance with company policy.
- Records lost and found detailed descriptions of people and incidents.
- Utilize the security radio as instructed and always in a professional manner.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the department and adheres to departmental and company policies.
- The ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- To provide BIG Service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction, inclusive of greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset.
- The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors.
- The ability and willingness to ensure that work activities are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- The ability to work safely. This includes clearly understanding and following company safety policies and procedures, completing work in a safe manner, caring about safety of self and others, responding appropriately in an emergency, and reporting unsafe conditions.
- Maintain regular attendance at scheduled shift and staff meetings
- Maintain professionalism and a friendly and approachable demeanor throughout the shift.
- Assist with training/mentoring of new team members as requested.
- Maintain all appearance standards in accordance with established uniform and appearance guidelines.
- Inform manager on duty of any irregularities and unusual situations when they occur.
- Ability to keep a friendly, calm, and helpful demeanor in high-stress situations and a continuously fast-paced environment.
- Is honest in all interactions and displays a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision or as part of a team is required.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS: Must possess a complete understanding and working knowledge all company safety and security policies and procedures. Consistently demonstrates the capacity to remain calm in a crisis and engage both team members and guests with the utmost professionalism.
OTHER DUTIES:The content of this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time to include special projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) preferred.
- Internal candidates must have been in their current position for at least six months and have no active disciplinary action during the last six months.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, this includes day, swing, late-night, weekend, and holiday shifts as scheduled.
- Must be able to obtain required work cards, and non-gaming registration as required by the local jurisdiction.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move in and around the entire facility throughout the entire workday.
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to repeat the same movements.
- Must be able to engage and interact with all guests appropriately and work well under the pressure of a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to successfully communicate on a regular basis with all co-workers, vendors, and guests both in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to answer all inquiries and provide assistance and information in a professional and accurate manner.
- Must be able to access and interpret information on computer screens.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist, balance, and work the entire property; to include the ability to tolerate changes in temperature.
- Must be able to work in environment where smoking is permitted and can be loud with guest chatter, overhead music, and live entertainment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols and eye hand coordination.
The content of this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.